UPDATE -Congratulations to everyone who entered the Cover Competition!
We had a great response to this years Carnival Cover Competition, with 18 superb entries!
The judging has now taken place by the Carnival Committee in our last meeting and a winner has now been selected.
The Committee found it really difficult to choose their winner, as the standard of the entries was so high. The Judges felt that all the entries showed great creativity and imagination and were delighted to see such a variety in the drawing styles. We really have some talented children here in Brackley!
In a change to previous years, all children who lived within Brackley and the surrounding villages were able to enter independently. We were delighted to receive entries from year 2 right through to year 6. Entries were received from children attending Waynflete Infants’ School, Farthinghoe Primary School, Brackley C of E Junior School, Southfield Primary Academy and Bracken Leas School.
The winner will be announced after the schools return from their Easter Break and we will be in contact with all schools to arrange presentations of certificates to the appropriate children.
The winning entry will be used in publicity and will be the front cover of this years Carnival Programme and will receive their prize on Carnival Day, at the Opening Ceremony
Thank you to Brackley Town Council for helping us collate this years entries, and WELL DONE to everyone who entered.
Picture of this years entries will be posted soon on the Carnival Website
Calling all budding artists!
This year we have a slight change to the Cover Competition, you can now submit your entries directly to the Carnival Committee and don’t need to go through your school as in previous years.
The Cover Competition is open to all primary school children i.e Reception (age 4-5) to Year 6 ( age 10-11), entrants should live within the local Brackley community, this includes local surrounding villages (approx. 5 mile radius), e.g Charlton, Greatworth, Helmdon, Croughton , Mixbury, Evenly etc
The Cover Competition is open from 25th February to 1st April 2019.
Your Artwork should be submitted on an A4 portrait piece of white paper, with the contact details on the back of the paper, write the artists name, year group, school and parent / guardians contact details (email address and/or mobile number)
The Theme for this years Carnival is ‘The Movies’, you can include the title if you choose. However there is no need to include the words ‘Brackley Community Carnival’ or the date of the Carnival within your design.
We have found that felt tip pens or paint seem to work best, sometimes pale colouring pencils don’t show up so well when the artwork is reproduced. Entries should not be in collage form.
Once your masterpiece is completed, place it in an envelope and drop it off at the collection point which you will find in The Brackley Town Council Offices (up to 1st March 2019, 9 Market Place, Brackley NN13 7AB, after 1st March at the new offices in the old Hub Building at the top of town, opposite The Plough Pub next to Dominos, 20 High Street, Brackley NN13 7DS)
If you wish your artwork to be returned, please provide a stamped self-addressed envelope. Please note we are not liable for any artwork that is lost in the post
- Only one entry per Child please
- The entries will be judged by members of the Carnival Committee at their April meeting and an announcement will be made shortly after. Winning and shortlisted entries will appear on the website.
- The Carnival Committee will liaise directly with schools regarding any presentations of certificates where necessary and Parents or Guardians of the prize winners will be notified , the winners name will appear in an announcement on the Brackley Community Carnival website, Facebook Page and possibly newspaper if agreed with by parent / guardian.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to any parties without the parents/ guardians consent. All data collected during the competition will be disposed of after 30 days from the date of the Carnival.
- Entries not collected or sent back through an SAE will be disposed of after 30 day from the date of the Carnival.
- A prize, of vouchers will be awarded by a local business to the winner, this presentation will be made on Carnival Day in the Main Arena. Winners must be available to accept the prize on the day.
- By submitting the entry you confirm parent or guardian’s consent for Brackley Community Carnival to display the entries on the website, in advertising, newspapers and on social media.
- The winning design will be used on the front cover of the Brackley Community Carnival Brochure and in advertising posters to promote the Carnival.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your artistic creations!
You might find this template useful.
Take a look at last years Entries