Just receiving a few questions regarding accessibility coming through so thought I’d post here to help. We will do our best to help everyone enjoy the day but please bear with us
- Is there any Disabled parking on site? – sadly not but disabled parking in the Market Place close by.
- Can wheelchairs use the Vehicle gate? – yes if they have a pre purchased wristband, if not then use the regular pedestrian gate which is tarmac’d
- Wheelchair access on site? – with the Carnival site spanning three fields on different levels access is challenging. Full access is available to the top field, it is grass but fairly flat. Access through vehicle gate and pedestrian gate is on tarmac, the tarmac end at the end of the chapel then onto the grassed top field. At the vehicle gate the path continues in front of the Carnival HQ, (Cricket Pavillion) then from there the path turns right and then starts to slop onto the middle field this is a grassed area. with some assistance you maybe able to access the bank there after to view the main arena acts. access down to the bottom field us unadvisable unless assist by helpers.
- Disabled Toilets? – yes we have one disabled portaloo located with the other loos behind Carnival HQ
- Baby Changing Facilities? – there is a drop down baby changing unit in the Disabled portaloo
- Charges for severely disabled persons will be waivered, although carers will be charged entry and a receipt can be given for expenses claims if required.
- First aid stations on site, yes one by the entrance and one at the bottom of the middle field
We’re aware that with the new housing developments over the last year there may be many people new to the area and unfamiliar with the car parking arrangement on Carnival Day.
Please be aware that sadly there is no parking for cars on the Carnival Site for visitors or Disabled badge holders. There are approximately 10 disabled bays in the Market place car park and around 50 regular parking bays only a short walk away. Due to the huge number of children on site its simply too risky to have any vehicle movement onsite, whilst the Carnival is in progress. We encourage all visitors to walk where possible to reduce congestion.
The only access to the Carnival site for vehicles will be for stall holders with vehicle passes from 8am till 10.30am, after 10.30am there will be NO VEHICLE MOVEMENTS on the field, all stall holders have one parking space but be aware that they will not be able to move their vehicle from their pitch until the Carnival has closed at 5pm and the public area is clear and it is safe to do so. Stall holders who need to move their vehicles before this time are asked to set up their stall and relocate their cars off of the Carnival site before 10.30am and the site is locked down. Commercial Stallholders will receive two wristbands in the post for their stall. if you are on a Charity Stall you will need to purchase a wristband to enter the Carnival Site.
The Procession should reach the Carnival site around 11.30/12noon and they will enter through the vehicle gate. Please follow the Marshalls instructions and assemble on the top field and only dissipate once everyone has assembled. Adults in the procession will be asked to show their wristbands when going through the gate and those without will be moved to the pedestrian gate and asked to queue for entry.
Vehicles which are in the procession will automatically come onto the Carnival site but will need to remain there stationary until the Carnival has closed and will not be able to be moved whilst the Carnival in underway. Vehicles not wishing to enter the Carnival site will need to make their intentions known to the Procession Marshalls who will divert them down the High Street instead on turning left onto the Carnival site.
There is a FULL road closure in place on the slip road outside MCS St Johns site on Saturday 9th from 7am till 7pm. Vehicles parked there may be removed.
ROLLING ROAD CLOSURE there will be a rolling road closure once the procession starts from Pavillons Way, Halse Road, High Street and the Market Place to the Carnival Site at Magdalen Collage School, St Johns, Brackley. The procession will leave Bracken Leas at 11am and all the procession should have arrived at Magdalen Collage School by 12 noon. full details of the procession start arrangements and road diversions can be found on the website.
Once the procession reaches the High Street the top of the Marketplace (by to loos) will be closed off to prevent vehicles meeting the procession coming the other way. The road closure will be enforced by BORG 4X4 and we would ask you respect and adhere with the Marshalls requests. As soon as the Procession has passes and it is safe to do so the road will be opened up behind the procession.
We will endeavour to keep the disruption to a minimum but ultimately the safety of the Children and Adults in the procession is paramount. We trust that you will understand the necessity for the closures and arrangements and thank you in advance for your patience and we hope these precautions will help towards a safe Carnival for everyone.