Calling all budding artists!
Brackley Community Carnival would like to invite you to enter this year’s Cover Competition!
This year we have a slight change to the Cover Competition, you can now submit your entries directly to the Carnival Committee and don’t need to go through your school as in previous years.
The Cover Competition is open to all primary school children i.e Reception (age 4-5) to Year 6 ( age 10-11), entrants should live within the local Brackley community, this includes local surrounding villages (approx. 5 mile radius), e.g Charlton, Greatworth, Helmdon, Croughton , Mixbury, Evenly etc
The Cover Competition is open from 25th February to 1st April 2019.
Your Artwork should be submitted on an A4 portrait piece of white paper, with the contact details on the back of the paper, write the artists name, year group, school and parent / guardians contact details (email address and/or mobile number)
The Theme for this years Carnival is ‘The Movies’, you can include the title if you choose. However there is no need to include the words ‘Brackley Community Carnival’ or the date of the Carnival within your design.
We have found that felt tip pens or paint seem to work best, sometimes pale colouring pencils don’t show up so well when the artwork is reproduced. Entries should not be in collage form.
Once your masterpiece is completed, place it in an envelope and drop it off at the collection point which you will find in The Brackley Town Council Offices (up to 1st March 2019, 9 Market Place, Brackley NN13 7AB, after 1st March at the new offices in the old Hub Building at the top of town, opposite The Plough Pub next to Dominos, 20 High Street, Brackley NN13 7DS)
If you wish your artwork to be returned, please provide a stamped self-addressed envelope. Please note we are not liable for any artwork that is lost in the post
- Only one entry per Child please
- The entries will be judged by members of the Carnival Committee at their April meeting and an announcement will be made shortly after. Winning and shortlisted entries will appear on the website.
- The Carnival Committee will liaise directly with schools regarding any presentations of certificates where necessary and Parents or Guardians of the prize winners will be notified , the winners name will appear in an announcement on the Brackley Community Carnival website, Facebook Page and possibly newspaper if agreed with by parent / guardian.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to any parties without the parents/ guardians consent. All data collected during the competition will be disposed of after 30 days from the date of the Carnival.
- Entries not collected or sent back through an SAE will be disposed of after 30 day from the date of the Carnival.
- A prize, of vouchers will be awarded by a local business to the winner, this presentation will be made on Carnival Day in the Main Arena. Winners must be available to accept the prize on the day.
- By submitting the entry you confirm parent or guardian’s consent for Brackley Community Carnival to display the entries on the website, in advertising, newspapers and on social media.
- The winning design will be used on the front cover of the Brackley Community Carnival Brochure and in advertising posters to promote the Carnival.
- You may find this template useful; Cover Competition Template
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your artistic creations!