Just receiving a few questions regarding accessibility coming through so thought I’d post here to help. We will do our best to help everyone enjoy the day but please bear with us
- Is there any Disabled parking on site? – sadly not but disabled parking in the Market Place close by.
- Can wheelchairs use the Vehicle gate? – yes if they have a pre purchased wristband, if not then use the regular pedestrian gate which is tarmac’d
- Wheelchair access on site? – with the Carnival site spanning three fields on different levels access is challenging. Full access is available to the top field, it is grass but fairly flat. Access through vehicle gate and pedestrian gate is on tarmac, the tarmac end at the end of the chapel then onto the grassed top field. At the vehicle gate the path continues in front of the Carnival HQ, (Cricket Pavillion) then from there the path turns right and then starts to slop onto the middle field this is a grassed area. with some assistance you maybe able to access the bank there after to view the main arena acts. access down to the bottom field us unadvisable unless assist by helpers.
- Disabled Toilets? – yes we have one disabled portaloo located with the other loos behind Carnival HQ
- Baby Changing Facilities? – there is a drop down baby changing unit in the Disabled portaloo
- Charges for severely disabled persons will be waivered, although carers will be charged entry and a receipt can be given for expenses claims if required.
- First aid stations on site, yes one by the entrance and one at the bottom of the middle field